Friday 1 May 2009

MORGAN CRYAR - WHAT SIN? / 1998 / DISCOGRAPHY / BIOGRAPHY / REVIEW
















THIS ALBUM CONTAIN(15-TRACKS)
1-COOL OF THE DAY(New Track)
2-IF I NEVER SEE A MIRACLE
3-WHAT SIN?
4-PRAY IN THE USA(New Recording)
5-FATHER
6-STRENGTH OF THE WEAK
7-MY OLD FRIENDS
8-HOLY FIRE
9-KINGDOM UPSIDE DOWN
10-MEET YOUR MAKER(New Track)
11-CARRIED AWAY
12-KOOMBAYAH
13-VOICE OF EXPERIENCE
14-YES,YES
15-SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE
MORGAN CRYAR-KINGDOM UPSIDE DOWN-1992















THIS ALBUM COTAIN(10-TRACKS)
1-GIVE UP THE GHOST
2-I AIN'T GOT NOTHING
3-FATHER
4-CHURCH BELLS
5-SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE
6-KINGDOM UPSIDE DOWN
7-WE CALL IT LOVE
8-THINK ABOUT GOD
9-HEAVY ON MY HEART
10-STAY WITH THE ONE YOU LOVE
MORGAN CRYAR-FUEL ON THE FIRE/1986
















THIS ALBUM CONTAIN(10-TRACKS)
1-PRAY IN THE(U.S.A)
2-I'M NOT ALONE
3-UNDERNEATH YOU FEET
4-I GOTTA GO
5-I NEED THE ROCK
6-BREAK THE CHAIN
7-SIBLING RIVALRY
8-UNDER THE RUG
9-STRENGTH OF THE WEAK
10-HIDEAWAY
CREDITS:
Morgan Cryar - Lead Vocals And Backing Vocals
John Patitucci - Bass
Miles Hill - Bass
Steve Dady - Bass
Gordon Peak - Drums
Dane Deviller - Guitar
Ty Tabor - Guitar
Jerry McPherson - Guitar
Roy Salmond - Guitar, Keyboards, Backing Vocals
Paul Mills - Keyboards
Darryl Bennet - Percussion
Doug Pinnick - Backing Vocals
MORGAN CRYAR-KEEP NO SECRETS/1984
















THIS ALBUM CONTAIN(10-TRACKS)
1-I GET CARRIED AWAY
2-KEEP NO SECRETS
3-SOMEONE TO CHANGE ME
4-LIFE IN THE BLOOD
5-HOLY FIRE
6-A FEW OF MY OLD FRIENDS
7-I WANNA BE GOOD
8-CONCEALED WEAPON
9-JUST A LITTLE LIKE YOU
10-MADE-UP MIND
A career of innocuous "hit" singles makes for an innocuous "best of" album. Still, the inclusion of earlier butt-kickers like the militant "Pray in the USA" and dance rock "Carried Away" make this collection worthy of purchase, especially since those tunes cannot be found anywhere else on CD. And the title track is a classic heart-wrencher that will never lose its impact or freshness. Two new tracks add a little more depth to the collection, particularly "Cool of the Day" which sounds very much like it could have been released by the Wonders from the movie, "That Thing You Do". Morgan Cryar has a great rock and roll voice, but plays it safe in the studio rather than taking risks and testing his limits. Consequently, this compilation is a good listen, but not a compelling one. .When the only album available for an artist is a Best-of album, one wonders what happened to the other albums from which these were compiled... i'm still asking that question, especially after making this the most-listened-to selection in my collection. i found this album while trying to locate a song i heard on the radio... still have not found it, but after hearing this, i want to find more music from Morgan Cryar. The 2 new (previously unrecorded) cuts included in this collection are certainly good and in good company. " Cool of the Day " is a catchy song that makes me long to be able to take my 'rightful' (only as a child of His) place and walk with Him in the cool of the day, every day... But even more impressive is the " Meet Your Maker " cut! It is an up-beat reminder that sooner or later, we will all meet our maker... whether or not we acknowledge His existence... but more, it's an invitation to those who don't know Him. Because of this, it has become the song of my heart ("Come with me, let me introduce you...") But it was the title cut " What Sin " that really sold me on Morgan's music. This is something i can sing (in the shower, in the car, or even at church) and is a reminder of the awesome forgiveness offered by a God who knows everything about us and still loves us. It is a guilt-lifting ballad and it worth the price of the ablum by itself. Other fav's that caught my ear include (you can still) " Pray in the USA " , " If I Never See a Miracle ", " Strength of the Weak " , And " Kingdom Upside Down ", and the ever-convicting `My Old Friends'. But lest I get " Carried Away " with my words, let me leave you with an invitation to listen to Morgan's. Because his music is in what I would call soft rock, the lyrics (and message) are clear. I highly recommend that you add this album to your collection(http://www.holymetalrob.com/)

No comments :