Friday 24 October 2008

BRIGHTON-PROMISE OF LOVE-1991

















THIS ALBUM CONTAIN(10-TRACKS)
1-PROMISE OF LOVE
2-ON ANY SUNDAY
3-WATCH ME IN THE RAIN AGAIN
4-I WOULD DIE FOR YOU
5-AND YOU KNOW
6-ANYTIME AT ALL
7-(DOESN'T SOUNDS LIKE)LOVE TO ME
8-RUN THROUGH THE FLAMES
9-BOULEVARD
10-CURSING THE NIGHT
CREDITS:

David Brighton- Vocals, Guitars
Mark Robertson- Bass, Vocals
Steven W. Latanation- Drums, Vocals
Dino Elefante- Producer,Guitar
John Elefante- Producer, Backing Vocals
Denny Bouchard- keyboards
They were definitely a band to watch. Led by David Brighton, this debut is good to my ears, full of meaty axe riffs (from David himself) and influences that take in indie and early Stones. A friend of mine thought the lyrics were an appalling spiritual compromise and certainly when one consid­ers an early Brighton unit once turned down an MCA contract to stay closer to their beliefs it does seem a trifle odd that there should be so many copouts (substitute love for God and pitch for a hit). But I still find this a reasonable debut album.Just while we have an avalanche falling here in reference to this CD, I must agree. I didn't mind "I would die for you".There are certain songs that i like a bit and others that are fillers for sure. Brighton reminds me of Power/Obscure Pop bands, if you are into that style, you´ll enjoy it more. "And You Know"(Nice solo), "I Would Die For You", "Run Through the Flames" "Boulevard" and "Wash Me in the Rain Again" are good ones, Good Solos!. Btw the Beatles cover "Anytime at All" is very similar to the original, "Cursing the Night" àla Bob Dylan, nice acoustic ballad. I wouldn´t call it Crap, could be average, plain or something like that.But one thing it's for everybody this is not a Metal band so Don't Try To Desacredit this nice band that I really Love! as for me these Guys Rules on their Kind of music.
http://christianrockzone.listen2myradio.com/.

No comments :